Camosun College Marketing Business Students Take on Global Initiatives
Fourth-year Marketing Business students at Camosun College are raising funds to support VIDEA, a local not-for-profit international development agency, in their efforts to help provide education to underprivileged Zambian youth to attend The Rural Children’s Summit in Zambia, Africa. Camosun students are fundraising through various events in Greater Victoria during the week of March 19-25 as part of their course requirement.
Blazers Beer & Burger Night This 19+ event includes a silent auction, great food, drinks, and fun games! Admission includes one burger (beef, chicken, or vegetarian and gluten free options), one side (unlimited fries or salad), and one beer on tap, house wine, or Meridale Cider
- Thursday March 22, 2018
- Moon Under water Pub – 350 Bay St.
- Unlimited parking
- 6 to 11 pm.
- Tickets: $25 (Includes burger and beer)
Information and updates visit https://www.facebook.com/events/194220751328173/
Tickets only available for presale. If you wish to purchase other menu items, both our silent auction and games are open to the public. Join us and enjoy some amazing burgers, local beers, and great people!
Arriba 4 Zambia Come out for a fun evening of Mexican themed enjoyment at La Taquisa (1017 Blanshard St.). Our event will feature trivia, music, and prizes. A silent auction will also take place so please bring a little extra spending money. All for a great cause
- March 25, 2017
- La Taquisa Restaurant – 1017 Blanshard St.
- 7:30-9:30 pm
- Tickets - $25 – includes a beer and burrito
- Tickets are available through the following email firstname.lastname@example.org or directly purchased at La Taquisa’s
Couture for a Cause – This event will be a non-profit fashion show feature local fashion designers as well as other businesses in the health and beauty industry. Models will display various fashion lines and brands. A silent auction will also feature great items from around the city with all the proceeds going to VIDEA
- Friday, March 23, 2018
- Bayview Place Presentation Centre – 80 Saghalie Rd.
- Doors open at 7:00
- Tickets starting at $25.For more information contact Anneke Feuermann at 1 250 507-0656 or email@example.com
Food 4 Thought – Enjoy a fun filled evening to support VIDEA’s Rural Youth Exposure Conference held in Zambia each year. This event features a look at African culture including live music, entertainment, and an authentic Ethiopian Buffet Dinner. There will be a feature presentation from VIDEA and a great silent auction so please bring your appetite and your wallet.
- Thursday, March 22, 2018
- The Blue Nile African Restaurant – 612 Head St.
- 6:00 – 9:00 pm
- Tickets - $50 through email – RubySu420@gmail.com; or $55 @ Event Brite
Paint Nite – This event will feature a night or art and enjoyment. A local artist will assist and inspire us – all while we socialize and sip cocktails for a great cause. A silent auction will take place during the evening and wrap up after the completion of the piece of art painting – Moment on the Ocean.
- Sunday, March 19, 2018
- Hawk & Hen Restaurant – 531 Yates St.
- 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Tickets -47.25.Register now at http://www.paintnite.com/events/moment-on-the-ocean-at-hawk-hen-10057896
- Check us out on Facebook – http://facebook.com/events/412385872507640/
For inquiries regarding the class fundraising initiatives:
MARK 420 Instructor and Program Chair - Marketing, Camosun College
For inquiries regarding VIDEA:
Lynn Thornton, Executive Director, VIDEA
Last updated: January 6, 2016 6:16 pm