This study tour explores the Māori and Pasifika path toward self-determination, language revitalization, and community success. You will travel to New Zealand for two weeks and participate in Māori and Pasifika language and theory classes. A marae (meeting ground) stay on the weekend will enhance your immersion experience within the culture and practices.
New Zealand Indigenous Study Tour 2020
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- Ara Institute of Canterbury
- May 15-30, 2020
- Open to full-time Indigenous Studies Diploma students in their second year of study
- Number of spaces
- 2-4 (TBC)
- Airfare from Victoria to Christchurch and accommodation during the program will be funded by Camosun (value approximately $3,000). Additional paperwork from successful applicants may be required.
- Budget for transportation, host gifts, and extracurricular activities in New Zealand (approximately $300-$500).
- Homestay (Fees covered by Camosun)
- Deadline to apply
- Jan. 15, 2020
- Sample schedule PDF
- Apply now
- Application form PDF
Contact email@example.com for details.
Ara Institute of Canterbury