Financial aid may be available to assist with your tuition, deposit and student fees for upgrading.
If you are attending Camosun in one of the following programs, you may be eligible to have your tuition, deposit and fees paid.
Eligible Camosun programs
- Academic Upgrading (including College Preparatory)
- English Language Development (ELD)
- Employment Training and Preparation (ETP)
- Building Employment Success for Tomorrow (BEST)
Note: College Preparatory courses at the 100-level are not eligible for upgrading funding.
How to Apply for the Adult Upgrading Grant for Fall 2021
- Complete the Adult Upgrading Grant Application
- You may fill it out electronically or print it out and complete it. You may need to download and save it to your computer in order to edit it. If you are unable to complete the online application, we can mail a paper copy to you.
- You must provide proof of income for 2020. If you have filed your taxes for 2020, please include your notice of assessment. If you have not filed your taxes, please see the instructions page of the Adult Upgrading Grant for acceptable documentation.
- Once you have completed and signed the application, please send the application and your proof of income information to AUGfunding@camosun.ca . If you are unable to print/scan your application, you may take a photo of the completed application and your supporting documentation and email the photos.
- If it is your first time applying for the Adult Upgrading Grant please provide a copy of your photo ID. If you are a permanent resident of Canada, and this is your first time applying for the Adult Upgrading Grant, please include a copy of your permanent resident card or landing document.
If you cannot email your application or take a photo of it, please mail it to:
- Camosun College –Interurban Campus
- Financial Aid & Awards
- 4461 Interurban Rd
- Victoria, BC V9E 2C1
What happens after I submit my Adult Upgrading Grant Application?
Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG) applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Please expect a response in 3-5 business days for complete applications. Incomplete applications will take additional time.
Once your AUG application is assessed you will receive an email letting you know the status of your application (approved/denied/pending more information) and your next steps.
Need help applying for the Adult Upgrading Grant?
Please email Financial Aid & Awards at AUGfunding@camosun.ca and a Financial Aid Advisor will contact you within 2 business days.
Types of Funding
Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG)
AUG funding (formerly ABESAP) is provincial government grant funding that you do not need to pay back. It covers tuition, deposit, student fees, required textbooks and child care support for eligible upgrading programs.
Students with a permanent disability
If you have a permanent disability you may be eligible to receive specialized funding. Learn more.
If you are a student with Indigenous ancestry you may be eligible to receive specific grants or funding from a variety of sources. Contact an Indigenous Advisor to learn more.