The Lt. Governor’s Medal is presented annually at graduation to a student who has been enrolled in a certificate, two year diploma or four year undergraduate program and achieves high academic standing in the program and has contributed to the promotion of inclusion, democracy and/or reconciliation within their campus community.
The Lieutenant Governor’s Medal Nomination form is now closed for 2021.
Please check back in May 2022 for next year's application.
The Lieutenant Governor’s Medal for Inclusion, Democracy and Reconciliation
- Value: No financial value
- Number of Awards: 1
Student nominee will:
- Demonstrate strong academic performance, with a minimum overall GPA of 6.0 (B+).
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary level certificate, two year diploma or four year undergraduate degree program at Camosun College.
- Note College Prep, Access, Language Development, Bridge, etc. programs are not considered to meet the definition for this award.
- Be credentialing at Camosun College in the 12 months prior to the award application deadline
- Demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Diversity and Inclusion: A student who has promoted diversity and inclusion. Student has demonstrated strong collaboration and unifying efforts, through the promotion and display of tolerance, and respect for others.
- Democracy: A student who has strengthened democracy through civic engagement or the advancement of human rights. Student has demonstrated recognition for fundamental rights and dignity for all persons at a local, national or global level.
- Reconciliation: A student who has answered the 2015 Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s urgent call to transform society by establishing a renewed relationship with Indigenous peoples.
- Student nominations will be accepted from Camosun College employees.
- The Awards Committee will review applications and recommend a recipient. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- As grade point average (GPA) is a criteria for this award, the Awards Committee will be reviewing Camosun College transcripts.
- This award is presented to the successful recipient at their graduation ceremony.