The purpose of this gift is to provide funding for any Camosun College student who strives to build community in a way that engages all perspectives; regardless of age, sex, gender identity, class, sexual orientation, race, physical condition, political persuasion or religion. This student is actively creating environments that foster solutions which encompass the diverse needs and perspective of all included. This could be involvement with the Camosun College Student Society, participation on committees, organization of special events or conferences, creating arts spaces and/or involvement in volunteer organizations.
The Grow Your Neighbour Award application is now closed for 2021.
Please check back in March 2022 for next year's application.
Grow Your Neighbour Award
- Value: $2,600 (approx.)
- Number of Awards: 1
- Be enrolled full time or part time at Camosun College during the 12 months prior to the award application deadline for a minimum of 8 months of enrolment.
- Be enrolled in a Camosun program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate
- Be returning for the Fall semester as a continuing student in the same program, in either full time or part time studies at Camosun.
- Demonstrate community engagement and involvement at Camosun College or the broader community.
- Submit Student Statement, of no more than 500 words, detailing how you best fit the award description.
- Submit a letter of reference from a professional source in support of your commitment to community engagement and involvement at Camosun College or the broader community.
- The Awards Committee will review applications and recommend a recipient. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The successful recipient will be notified by email no later than 6 weeks after the award application closing date.
- The award will be applied to the successful recipient’s tuition account for the Fall semester. If all tuition is paid in full, the award will be mailed as a cheque to the recipient.
With thanks to Donald Kennedy, a Camosun College Alumni, and the Camosun College Student Society for matching the funds pledged for this award.