The Visual Arts program invites 25 new students each year, and the next intake will be in September. Make sure to attend an Information Session.
Effective date: September 2019
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
|Info Session|| |
You have two year window to finish the admissions process after either attending a face-to-face information session (when available) or passing the online quiz, otherwise you must do one of these options again.
- The Visual Arts Program no longer requires a portfolio for admission.
- Acceptance of transfer students from other post-secondary Art programs into second year is at the approval of the department.
You must complete all program courses with a minimum of a "C" and achieve an overall cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 in order to qualify for the Diploma in Visual Arts.
On the waitlist?
Here are some courses you can take as a University Transfer student. These courses may be offered in the evening.
- ART 102 Introduction to 2D Artmaking
- ART 103 Introduction to 3D Artmaking
- ART 106 Indigenous Studio Arts
- ART 121 Modes of Drawing
- ART 124 Traditional Printmaking
- ART 127 Introduction to Painting
- ART 128 Graphic Design Foundations
- ART 140 Visual Foundations 3D Design
- ART 142 Sculpture
- ART 144 Ceramics 1
- ART 150 Cultural Uses of Photography
- ART 152 Visual Culture
- ART 153 Arts & Culture in Canada
- ART 161 Lens-Based: Images & Concepts
- ART 162 Environmental Art
- ART 170 Western Art History to 1750
- ART 175 Design History
- ART 176 Visual History of Fashion
- ART 178 History of Film
- ART 180 Modern Art History
- ART 182 Professional Arts Management
Missing admission requirements?
Camosun offers alternative courses and upgrading programs to help you get started.
What kind of applicant are you?
Camosun has three different applicant categories:
- Current BC/Yukon High School Student