April 1, 2021
B.C. puts stronger restrictions in place
Additional restrictions have been put in place by the Provincial Health Officer to help break the growing chain of COVID-19 transmissions in British Columbia. Amended public health orders were announced on Monday, March 29 and will be in place for three weeks until April 19, 2021.
With this in mind, the college is asking employees to work remotely during this period wherever possible and only attend campus if teaching or providing an approved service on campus. Employees approved to attend campus are reminded to complete the on-campus attendance and daily health check form.
Students, employees and visitors are required to wear a mask in all indoor public areas and where physical distancing cannot be maintained. Please stay home if you feel sick or have new or worsening symptoms. We all have a part to play in keeping each other safe and helping to stop the spread of COVID-19.
The fitness centres on the Lansdowne and Interurban campuses can continue to offer individual workouts and the COVID-19 Safety Plan is strictly followed. Cafeteria seating at Interurban remains open as cafeterias serving students, faculty and staff at educational institutions are exempt from the closure order.
No indoor social gatherings are permissible. Outdoor gatherings are limited: do not gather with groups of new people, instead please stick with the same group of up to 10 people. Physical distancing is still required even when outdoors.
Please continue to follow the public health orders. While there is relief in sight as the B.C. government’s immunization plan rolls out it is important we do everything we can to get us there.
- COVID-19 safety employee and workplace leaders training and initial screening
- On-campus attendance & daily health-check form
- Camosun College COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Safe Start Request Form
- BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
- Directive D-1.2, Absences from Campus Due to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Go-Forward Guidelines for B.C.’s Post-Secondary Sector
COVID-19 Safety Plan
The most current copy of the college’s COVID-19 Safety Plan is available here.
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization
- Travel & Tourism Canada
- COVID-19 Stigma Guide
- Ministry of Health BC COVID-19 symptom self-assessment tool
- How COVID-19 is affecting IRCC
- For non-health related COVID-19 questions (e.g. supports, programs, etc):